Craft Book Review: 200 Quilting Tips...

1.27.2010

200 Quilting Tips, Techniques & Trade Secrets
by: Susan Briscoe
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have recently decided to begin quilting in earnest. I have made two baby quilts before with moderate success, but never quite knew my options as far as binding methods and for home machine quilting. I also felt I had gaps in my knowledge of pattern, techniques and general knowledge.

I picked up this book on the recommendation of a friend and I was very pleased with it. It very thoroughly covers almost everything you might need to knew about quilting. It covers a lot of information, but it is divided into small segments of info so you never feel bogged down with too much information. It has plenty of color photographs and illustrations to reinforce topics.

I can see myself coming back to this book as an easy reference again and again. I highly recommend this book to novice and expert quilters alike.

This is normally the part where I would showcase a craft made using the info in this book, but I'm still working on it! I will be sure to share my finished quilt when it's completed.

Buy this book on Amazon.com for around $15

Do YOU have a favorite reference book for quilting? Please share!

3 comments:

Misty said...

I read your review on this on goodreads.com. I'm so glad you shared it. My mom and I love to quilt, and with three babys coming this year she's working hard. This will be a good Mothers Day gift for her!

BeckyH said...

THANKS SO MUCH for this review!
I have been looking for a beginners quilting book to help me start out with the basics and grow from there.

Jenny said...

I think I am going to actually buy this one. It will be a VERY good reference book to have on my bookshelf