Men's Shirt Dress

5.26.2009

I am a member of Presser Foot. It is a blog which invites sewers from everywhere to unite on common projects. Anyone can join the club and sew along with us. If you get stuck on a pattern you can just ask the group for help and since everyone is working on the same project it is really helpful.

This month's project was from a tutorial on the brilliant craft blog DANA MADE IT and it was making a dress from a man's button down shirt. It was SO FUN!

My husband has had this shirt for years, but never wears it because the fit is weird. This made it perfect for the Shirt Dress. Because the print was so masculine I paired it with a femmy aqua polka dot fabric. This project probably took me 1&1/2 hours total and I promptly went to Goodwill on Saturday and purchased 2 more dress shirts for $3.00 each. For full instructions on Dana's blog click here.
I LOVE the outcome of this sewing project. I'm giving you two photo options....

Shirt Dress: Happy


and Shirt Dress: Cranky


No comments: