The number one being "How do I install my Photoshop Actions?"
Now, when I show you, don't feel like a lame-o. Because when I got my first set I had the same question and then realized how EASY it really is!
(I am going to use FREE Actions from The Pioneer Woman for this tute. These are a wonderful starter set...just sayin'.)
1. Click here to go to PW website.
2. Click to download your actions and unzip onto your desktop (or folder of your choice).
5. Click on the blue arrow to the left of the title of your set. Now it should drop down to show different actions within this set.
Now you're ready to PLAY!
1. Open a photo of your choice in Photoshop.
2. Size it to something reasonable, say 5x7" at 300 dpi.
3. Save it as a NEW file. You don't want to mess with the original photo and then accidentally save it, therefore replacing the original. You can try these actions out all you like on this new file and not have to worry about anything being permanent.
4. Open your newly saved photo.
5. Choose an action to try. I'm going to do "Fresh & Colorful". Click once to highlight. Then pouch the "Play" button.
6. Most Actions will just run straight through and give you a finished result. But some actions give you some freedom to tweak their effects. A box may appear that gives you instructions you may choose to carry out before moving forward.
7. Adjust layers and press "Stop" button in pop-up box when finished or just press "Stop" button to skip this step.
8. When you're happy with the look you need to put the pieces of this photo back together into one layer. Do this by "Playing" the Pioneer Woman's Flatten Action or by choosing Layer > Flatten Image.
Now, you're done! Save the image and enjoy the results!