Handmade Halloweens Past

10.08.2012

It's that time again to plan Halloween costumes for this year.  I never make all three of the kid's costumes. We do a blend of homemade and store bought so Mommy doesn't tear her hair out.  I choose based on what each girl wants to be.  The harder costumes get store bought.  Yes, it's all about my sanity!
 
Here are some glimpses of Handmade Halloweens Past.
 
 
2006
I made this costume for Ella. A sweet angel.
 
 
 
2007
Eva was Eva Las Vegas. My favorite ever.  
I sewed it, bejeweled it, styled her hair. It was awesome.
 
 
 
2008
 Eva was a Woodland Sprite. I added leaves to a Flower Girl dress I had sewn for a Summer wedding she was in and made a crown
 
 
2009
Evangeline was obsessed with Toy Story 2 that year. I made this costume of Jessie, the Yodeling Cowgirl.  I loved how it turned out.
 
2012
This year both Ella and Evangeline wanted store bought monarch butterfly costumes, but I am homemaking a costume for Bianca. She will be Foofa from Yo Gabba Gabba, her favorite obsession.  I have already purchased pink leggings and a long sleeved match pink long sleeved shirt. Today I am heading to JoAnn Fabrics to get some pink fleece, interfacing and velcro. I am winging this...Wish me luck!
 
Do you MAKE or BUY your kid's costumes?



2 comments:

Samantha said...

Very creative! As much as I love to sew, I haven't made any of my kids' costumes yet. Though this year I did sew a bunch of patches on a store-bought cargo shirt for a "Forest Police" costume, if that counts! I would love to, but I just don't have time, and my oldest hates handmade (yikes!).

Bobbi M said...

Grateful for sharing thiss