Better For You BANANA BREAD
1 3/4 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. splenda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
5-6 ripe bananas
1/3 c. brummel & brown spread
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. banana extract
2 T. fat free half & half
- Combine dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl combine wet ingredients, mashing bananas as you combine.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix by HAND with a spatula. (using a mixer destroys the texture of this bread)
- Spray 2 small loaf pans with cooking spray. Divide batter evenly between pans.
- Bake @ 350 for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling racks. Brush loaves with more Brummel and Brown spread while still hot.
- Once cooled wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store for up to 5 days.
This bread is ALWAYS better the 2nd day.
I SWEAR you will not be able to tell the difference between this and normal banana bread...and neither will your kids!