The Gracie Quilt

2.28.2012

I started this baby quilt almost two years ago...eek! But I have an excellent excuse. In the midst of sewing it my sewing machine broke and I took a few months to research and purchase a new one and then life got busy.

But last Summer our little family took a holiday to North Carolina to visit my friend Jenny Lemmons and her family. Jenny and I used to live close to each other here in Lancaster and we were crafty partners in crime. So when we planned our road trip last Summer I actually packed by sewing machine and three half-finished projects into our car for the trip.
Finally I finished my quilt. Then just a few months later my friend had a gorgeous little girl named Grace. And I knew this quilt was meant for her!
It is the perfect quilt for the perfect girl!

I machine quilted it on my Brother sewing machine with the darning (or free motion) foot.  It went well and I think with more practice I will get much more even with the quilting in the future.



1 Jelly Roll of Midwest Modern by Amy Butler


Would anyone be interested in a tutorial 
of how this quilt was made?

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh how I love this! I'd love to know how you quilted this as well as hearing more about jelly rolls. I HATE cutting fabric. And binding, did you hand sew it. I just think that would be annoying but maybe it's not? Inquiring minds want to know :-)

Erica said...

The quilt is gorgeous. Im a newbie to the quilting world and would love any help I can get =)

Solviej said...

It's really beautiful. Is the quilting just random, or do you follow a pattern?

Emilie said...

Solv - Totally random.

Lynn said...

I would love the tutorial if you have thet time. It would be hard to leave that cute little girl.
Thanks,
Lynn

Emily said...

I love it! And I love Grace.

catspajamas said...

Yes! Please give us the tutorial...it is adorable!!! (gracie is too!) Thanx Emilie

Domestic Mamma said...

I would love to see a tutorial on this! Gorgeous Quilt!

the W* family said...

I would LOVE to see a tutorial! I have never quilted before, but this looks like a fairly easy one to start with (especially if I can buy the fabric pre-cut). ;) LOVE your blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm Gracie's Aunt! I love her so much. Ellen Showed me this quilt and it is absolutely beautiful! You are so talanted!