Being 8 months pregnant, I can't help my toddlers tie their shoelaces.
I have been avoiding lace up shoes for this reason for months, but when we found these adorable sneakers on sale we couldn't pass them up. I made these no tie shoelaces so my 3 year old can get these easily on and off by herself and they stay on her little feet perfectly.
- 1 pair sneakers
- 24-36 inches of 1/4" wide elastic
- scotch tape
- Aleen's "OK To Wash It" glue
- 2 small hair clips or clothes pins
2. Measure out 12 inches of elastic. (this may vary depending on the chubbiness of your child's feet.)
3. Fold the very end in half and wrap with a small amount of scotch tape to make a pinched end. Repeated with each end of elastic.
4. Lace shoes with elastic, making sure to lace them evenly. Repeat with second shoe. Remove tape from ends.
5. Pull laces very tightly at bottom of shoe so you have plenty of free elastic at the top to work with.
6. Add a generous amount of glue (1/2" long) to the end of one of the laces. Lightly press other lace onto glue.
7. Tie bow out of piece of elastic. Squeeze glue into center of bow to secure.
8. Add dot of glue to top of joined laces and use a small hair clip or clothes pin to secure bow. Repeat with other shoe.
9. Set aside and let glue dry for at least 24 hours.
10. Loosen laces at bottom so there is an equal amount of elastic from bottom to top lace holes.