EQ5 Review - Step 2 - Scanning Fabrics

9.27.2010

On Saturday we headed to the Joann Fabrics Superstore in Harrisburg, PA.
We went with a mission...
choose the fabric for Baby Ahern's quilt.

After two girls I feel very "Pinked Out".
So we chose this...


Floral and feminine, but with a color pallet of
light blue, orange, dark orange, white and cream.

Next, to scan the fabrics and then plug them into the EQ5 program to see how they look.  I'm not gunna lie, this step was a NIGHTMARE.  Again, no clear instructions in the help menu made this task extremely difficult.  It took me a solid hour to figure it out and I am very computer savvy.  Once I got it in, I am still a bit disappointed.  I know this quilt will look a bit different than shown, since the fabrics you plug in only show a small portion of the pattern. 

However, it was nice to see them put in and realize I wanted a smaller outside border and a larger inner white border.  Changing the sizes in this program was a cinch!  And I now see exactly what it will look like with my border adjustments.  I turned it on its side so you could see a larger view.


5 comments:

Candice said...

Loveliness! I'm making my first quilt currently. So excited! Hope all is going well! xo

the emily said...

Those colors are fantastic together. Well done.

Angie said...

You're so brave to piece a quilt like that! I guess if you enjoy the process, it's not drudgery...(like it is for me).
I sure hope you enjoy yourself! Those fabrics are fabulous...you'll have fun creating with those!

Amy E. said...

i just take pictures of my fabrics and then use the pictures to have accurate fabric samples for my computerized quilt ideas. but then again, i don't have fancy software for that, i just use MS excel or paint and play around in those two.

Maude said...

I LOVE the colors! I am sure it will look great!